Apr 25, 2010

The 15th Ward

So I'm almost finished with a final project for my Digital iCreation class. It's a website created for a public memory project focused on the 15th Ward, a neighborhood wiped out by urban renewal. I-81 was built, the hospital district moved in .... but that's not what I'm here to say.

I'm here for SEO. Search Engine Optimization.


I'm here to make the 15th Ward site come up on Google. So, I'm going to link to it here. So, pardon me ... 15th Ward.

It's cold, I know. Using this blog to promote another of my projects. Who knew Gonnabe Librarians would come to this? *Sniff* *Sniff* *SOB!*

Meanwhile, don't look at the 15th Ward yet. It's got some glitches. (Oh, look at that! Another link!) But, HOLY CRAP! did I learn a lot this semester! In fact, I created an eportfolio with all sorts of videos for the class, and you can take a peek at that if you want. And, while I'm at it, here's where I'm doing all my blogging now, in case you didn't already know. Which I'm sure you did. Because I wrote about it right here. And I swore my ass off, so if that offends....well, then you shouldn't be reading this blog at all.

Man, I miss swearing in print. Why? Who the hell knows?

Thank God for Nicole and PBJ, who keep this blog on life support. You guys ROCK!

2 comments:

Carly said...

I like the "Enlarge" option. And the display of pictures in Gallery looks great!

It is always so nice to see something from the past.

Nicole said...

Everybody loves some good ol' SEO.